I'm just a girl in this wide world trying to find my place. A lot of this journey is about overcoming my issues, but I post about a wide variety of things.
Come sit down for awhile, keep me company, I'm sure we can find something to keep us entertained.
So I decided to give the new exercise bike at home a try. It’s a spin based bike, it’s all flashy and lovely. My problem…. the seat hurts my ass. I’m not sure if I don’t have it at the right level, or it’s just because of the ratio of butt to seat that is causing the problem. I put a towel, ok, two, on the seat to try and help as suggest by Mr Man. But 5 minutes in, it was just really uncomfortable.
Does anyone have any suggestions to help me out on this? Or do I just suck it up and just get used to it over time. Yes I was a pussy and gave up pretty quickly. But I am not the best with pain tolerance of late. I am not able to cope with the same level of pain as I would be able to normally. Stupid chronic pain.
But on the upside, I did manage to have my tooth fixed today without the use of anaesthetic, I was rather impressed with myself. I had to make the dentist stop once, as it got too much. Otherwise I just sucked it up and kept going.
- snapthistiger likes this
- sonjaruns said: Wear cushioned biking tights/shorts :)
- pudgeball likes this
- regainingmymoxy said: Maybe try a gel seat. In about 2 weeks your ass acclimates.
- mathcat345 likes this
- boobill likes this
- msdeenyc likes this
- happilyconfused said: you get used to it ;) they also sell cushion slip overs for spin bikes, my instructor has one :)
- happilyconfused likes this
- tminus70 said: Agreeing with everyone else, a gel pad helped me on my bike
- catsalwayslandontheirfeet said: Sore butts is the reason why my bike is still sitting in the spare room… I think I need to suck it up too. I got a gel seat pad which I still haven’t tried - I’ll let you know if it makes a diff :)
- thelittlerippa said: My hubby had the same problem and he says you get used to it. Well done on the dentist visit. You rock!
- misskgetsfit said: Depending on the shape/size of the seat you could consider getting one of those gel covers for it. They supposedly offer a bit of extra cushioning - they’re for actual bikes but I’m sure it could work.
- talesfromthetoadelf likes this
- bikesbrainsbetterliving said: Are you riding with bike shorts with a chamois? If not, try getting some.
- rippedfuel said: when I was doing spin the seats hurt my ass too, and even now. you can get things like gel seats which have a bit of padding that seem to take a bit of the sting out.
- meyechael likes this
- diminishingovertime posted this